Invisalign®: A Comfortable and Convenient Alternative to Braces
Straighten your teeth with clear, virtually invisible aligners.
Thankfully, there is a discreet and effective solution available. Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional braces preferred by numerous patients of all ages. Learn more about how Invisalign works and if it’s the answer you’ve been searching for to achieve straight and beautiful teeth.
WHAT IS INVISALIGN?
Invisalign is a treatment used to straighten teeth and move them into the correct positive in your mouth. It is a type of brace that uses custom-fitted clear aligner trays that are discreet and practically invisible when worn.
Invisalign uses a special blend of plastic called SmartTrack material that acts to apply gentle pressure to slowly reposition your teeth. The aligners are made by taking a 3D image of your teeth. Your custom trays are then printed and trimmed to comfortably fit in your mouth.
Many patients prefer Invisalign due to its low visibility. It is also removable, allowing for greater freedom and flexibility during treatment. The clear tray aligners are made specifically for each user. Molds are taken off your teeth to get a comfortable fit that doesn’t rub your gums or cheeks and cause you unnecessary discomfort.
- Invisalign treatment is the “clear” way to improve your smile
- Dr. Patel is a local, top-rated clear aligner provider
- There are pros & cons & different costs associated with all clear brace solutions, Dr. Patel will go over all of your options
- It’s important to find an orthodontic treatment provider that has the experience needed to provide the results that you are looking for
HOW DOES INVISALIGN WORK?
When you decide to act on getting straighter teeth, you need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Patel for an examination and consultation. She evaluates your current oral health and makes sure you are a good candidate for Invisalign before creating a treatment plan tailored specifically to your needs. Cases that can be treated with Invisalign include:
- Open bite
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Alignment problems
- All age groups that want to achieve a more pleasing smile
During your appointment, our team at Dynamic Smile Design takes X-rays and impressions of your teeth to create your custom aligners. Every detail of the process is explained to you so you understand the instructions you must follow to get results.
The Invisalign aligners are changed out for a new set every two weeks. Each set is meant to gradually move your teeth into the preferred position. You also must keep regular appointments with Dr. Patel to monitor your progress and make necessary adjustments. All patients must clean their aligners by removing them and then rinsing and brushing gently with a toothbrush.
Treatment with Invisalign takes anywhere from six to 18 months. The length of your treatment depends on the condition of your teeth and your goals. You should begin to notice a difference in the appearance of your teeth in just a few short weeks. When you remove the final set of aligners for the last time, you reveal a luminous smile comprised of even, healthy teeth you can’t wait to show off. Depending on your needs, Dr. Patel may recommend a retainer for aftercare.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR INVISALIGN?
Invisalign is a great choice for teenagers and adults. The criteria that make you a good candidate for this treatment include:
- You didn’t have traditional braces as a child
- You DID have braces, but they weren’t effective. Teeth can move over time and require additional procedures to correct alignment issues. If the patient failed to follow instructions to wear a retainer after the braces were removed, this could also result in the teeth moving back to unwanted positions
- You want to correct your teeth alignment but don’t want to wear metal braces that consist of highly visible wires and brackets. Many teenagers and working adults are reluctant to wear traditional braces at school or in the office. Sometimes the fear and self-consciousness are enough that they put off or decline treatment.
Invisalign is a wonderful alternative for anyone who has the above concerns. Invisalign works to effectively straighten your teeth, without causing stress and damaging your self-esteem. The clear aligners are great for achieving results without the anxiety often accompanied by traditional metal braces.
BENEFITS OF INVISALIGN OVER TRADITIONAL BRACES
There are a whole host of benefits to using Invisalign. The top advantages that patients love include:
- Invisalign is as effective as traditional braces, but is practically invisible when worn, making it a discreet option. Individuals who are too self-conscious to get traditional braces can finally get the dental treatment they’ve been wanting without worry.
- As the treatment can address a range of aesthetic dental concerns, it can significantly improve every aspect of your teeth in one treatment.
- Invisalign is used to treat a variety of orthodontic concerns such as crooked teeth, problems with bites, and alignment issues.
- Dental visits are easy and consist of taking molds of your teeth to fit your next set of aligners. You can get back to your regular daily activities in no time.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, making them easy to clean and keep up with your oral hygiene care. You no longer have to worry about getting food stuck between the wires of metal braces. You can even take out the trays to eat, drink, or for a special event. Just ensure that you wear them from 20 to 22 hours every day.
- Treatment with Invisalign is fast. Most patients achieve their desired results in under 18 months.
- Wearing Invisalign is normally more comfortable than braces. Patients can feel some pressure in the 72 hours after getting a new set of aligners. However, this is generally mild and disappears quickly.
If you are looking for a procedure that gets you the straight smile you want, ask your dentist about Invisalign. It’s an excellent way to get the treatment you want and need without interrupting your life.
IMPORTANT INVISALIGN FACTS AND WHAT TO EXPECT
When it comes to convenient and effective methods to straighten your teeth for a more pleasing smile, Invisalign comes out on top in the opinion of many. Even with all the benefits, there are some essential facts you must know about Invisalign to prepare yourself and ensure your treatment is successful.
You Must Wear Your Invisalign 22 Hours Each Day
The trays are removable, which can tempt some users to take them out. However, your two-hour window is meant to be used to do essential tasks like eating and brushing your teeth and aligners. If you don’t have the self-control to follow the instructions carefully and avoid taking them out whenever you want for breaks, then Invisalign may not be right for you. As with all new treatments, it takes time to get used to the routine required with Invisalign. With a little patience and commitment, you can easily transition to a proud Invisalign user.
You’ll Brush Your Teeth More Often
You can’t eat with your aligner trays in place, so prepare yourself to brush your teeth more frequently. Every meal, you need to remove your aligners, eat, and then clean your teeth before placing the clear trays back over your teeth. This requires you to prepare yourself by carrying a toothbrush and toothpaste with you when you leave your home. You may need to budget a few extra minutes after meals while at work or school to take care of this necessity.
Don’t give in to the temptation to skip the brushing. If you don’t clean your teeth, your Invisalign may stain. You could also develop bad breath and cavities from having food particles and plaque stuck between your teeth and aligners.
Invisalign Requires Attachments to Secure Your Teeth
You may wonder how exactly Invisalign stays on your teeth. The custom-made fit is snug, but Dr. Patel uses attachments to keep the aligners in place. These attachments are simply small, tooth-colored ridges placed on the teeth that grip the Invisalign aligners. Every patient requires a different number of attachments. There’s no need to worry as these are also virtually invisible.
You May Have Occasional Sensitivity and Discomfort
Each time you get a new set of aligners, you need to adjust to the new fit. You could experience tooth sensitivity and mild discomfort for a few days following each set of aligners. This is typically nothing to concern yourself with as it goes away fast. The best way to handle it is to prepare yourself by adjusting your diet slightly to minimize any discomfort. Simple measures like avoiding cold drinks and sticking to soft foods for a few days help make the transition easier.
It’s difficult to Savor Hot Beverages
It’s not recommended to drink hot beverages like coffee while you are wearing your Invisalign. You can, of course, remove your aligners to enjoy your morning coffee, but remember to brush your teeth and replace them afterward. Don’t linger too long over your coffee or you risk using up your window of time where you can go without the aligners. You must follow Dr. Patel’s instructions and wear them for the required 22 hours per day if you want to get real results.
Invisalign Could Affect Your Speech
You might experience a slight lisp at first while you wear your Invisalign. This is normal and will fade with time as you get used to the sensation.
There’s No Smoking
You already know that smoking has many adverse effects on your health. It can also stain your teeth and interfere with oral treatments like Invisalign. All patients who use Invisalign are advised not to smoke.
You Need a Retainer After Invisalign Treatment
If you want to keep your new smile looking straight, you’ll likely need to wear a retainer to help keep your teeth in their new positions. Your precise follow-up treatment is unique to your case, so speak with Dr. Patel for recommendations and instructions.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN QUALITY COSMETIC DENTISTRY
You want the best for the oral health of yourself and your family. It’s especially important to select the right provider when you require a specialized treatment such as Invisalign. Here are some criteria and qualifications to watch out for:
- Your chosen provider is trained and qualified to administer Invisalign treatment as a specialty
- Proper education, experience, and certification
- Favorable reviews and testimonials from previous patients satisfied with their results
- Availability of consultation to get to know the dentist, ask your questions and discover if they are a good fit
High-quality dental care from reputable providers like Dr. Patel has their qualifications and available services readily available to review on their website. Doing some research like this is a good first step to getting to know more about your dentist and the practice.
WHY CHOOSE DR. RESHMA J. PATEL
When you choose Dr. Patel for your Invisalign treatment, you get the benefits of custom-made clear aligners along with the personal care of one of the best cosmetic dentists in the Orlando area. Dr. Patel received her Doctor of Dental Medicine Degree from the Medical University of South Carolina. She is committed to providing excellent care to every patient she meets and has a specialty in Invisalign treatment.
When it comes time for your appointment, you’ll receive a full evaluation and consultation where Dr. Patel examines your teeth and then works with you to create a customized treatment plan to get you the smile you’ve always wanted. With support from the entire dental team at Dynamic Smile Design, you have access to years of experience, advanced dental services, and high-quality care.
Dr. Patel and her dental team engage in continuing education to ensure that they are always on top of the latest treatments and technologies. Get compassionate and gentle dentistry for all your oral care needs for the entire family.
If you are ready to finally get the smile you have always wanted, it’s time to contact Dr. Patel of Dynamic Smile Design. Call us today to request a consultation and get started on creating the smile you want and deserve. We look forward to telling you more about the Invisalign process and answering your questions so you can make an informed decision and proceed with the best possible treatment plan for your unique needs.