Implant Supported Dentures in Orlando
If you have missing teeth in your smile, you may wonder what your options are to get a complete, attractive and functioning smile again. In the past, there weren’t a lot of options. Dentures being one of them and pretty much nothing else;
dentures that used adhesive to stick to your gums. These are definitely better than the alternative, but of course come with problems.
There is a newer, more revolutionary option that is being offered today at Dynamic Smile Design and it is one that we think you will love. It is called implant supported dentures.
An implant supported denture is a prosthetic dental appliance that is essentially a hybrid of dentures and dental implants. As the name suggests, it is a denture that is secured by dental implants for stability instead of just resting on the
gums, as a traditional denture does. Unlike traditional dentures, implant supported dentures are permanent and stay secure in your mouth. While you can remove them for cleaning they act and function just like your natural teeth. Many people aren’t
aware of this treatment option, and naturally, you might have questions. We’re here to answer some of those questions for you.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
The benefits of these implant supported dentures are many; one of the most important benefits is that they function just like your real teeth. Here are some additional benefits as well.
- Implant supported dentures resemble natural teeth. Implant supported dentures require a precise measuring of the mouth. Impressions of the gums and remaining teeth are taken. The impressions are used to determine the optimal shape and size for each fake tooth. Once the full set of teeth are made and placed in your mouth, onlookers will have no idea you are using implant-supported dentures. This natural look is a visible contrast to the days of dentures that look out of place in the mouth due to excessive size and visual differences with the surrounding teeth.
- Dental implants hold the teeth firmly in place. The placement of implant supported dentures involves the positioning of a post beneath the gums. This post is connected to the jawbone. Though the placement of dental implants requires surgery, the rate of acceptance is very high. Once the dental implants are in place, the jaw bone encompasses the post for a full fusion and the establishment of brand new roots. The new teeth are then connected to the implants. These implants function as anchors that keep the dentures firmly in place for years to come.
- The secure fit every patient deserves. More and more patients are opting for implant supported dentures as opposed to traditional dentures as there is no risk of shape alteration or slippage. Ask those who rely on traditional dentures about their experience and some will admit that their dentures slip out of place or change shape in response to changes in the jaw bone. On the other hand, implant-supported dentures stay perfectly secure at all times. This alternate solution allows you to live without the constant fear that your dentures will slip and cause significant embarrassment in public.
- Placement is surprisingly quick and easy. The placement of the dental implants does take some time. However, implant supported dentures require minimal implants, making it that much easier to enjoy a full set of secure teeth with as little as two appointments. This is quite a fast solution compare to other possible solutions. The speed at which implant-supported dentures can be placed is part of the reason why it is becoming more popular.
- Enhanced chewing. Those who choose dentures often complain about having to re-learn how to chew food. The dentures have the potential to slip unless food is chewed on both sides of the mouth at the same time. Implant supported dentures allow you to chew your food in the normal way.
Why Contact Us?
Dr. Puig and our Dynamic Smile Design team offer a wide range of treatment options that will fit what you are looking for. We have experience and passion for dental treatment and your needs and wants are very important to all of us. We know it can be overwhelming to understand all of the different dental options you have in front of you. We will sit down with you, discuss the different concerns you have, and come up with a solution together. We will answer every question. Please contact us today and we can get started on your individual plan right away!